Well, here it is! This is the first time I’ve actually published one of my own capsules, and I’m excited to hear what you think. I know it’s a bit late in the season to be sharing (we’re already halfway through summer!) but I’ve been travelling quite a bit, and haven’t had the chance to photograph/edit images until now. Better late than never, right?
Here’s what I’ve been wearing this summer! My warm(er) weather wardrobe contains:
- 5 x linen tees
- 3 x sweaters
- 3 x skirts
- 1 x dress
- 1 x waterproof mac
- 1 x suede biker jacket
- 1 x painter’s jacket
- 1 x coatigan
- 3 x jeans
- 4 x shorts
- 1 x scarf
- 4 x shoes
- 3 x bags
- sunglasses & watch
That’s 33 items in total. I didn’t intentionally set a limit, I just laid out the stuff I wanted, and counted.
This capsule does not include: loungewear, pyjamas, activewear, and jewellery. These are separate collections which I’ll be sharing in a later post!
I have a “soft summer” complexion, so I stick to cool, muted (slightly greyed) colours, and this season I decided to base my palette on the silk scarf I picked up from Jigsaw earlier this year.
With the exception of one pair of high-waisted shorts and a recycled bottle sweater, all of my clothes are made of natural fibres.
SHOP MY CAPSULE
- Linen raglan tees, Jigsaw
- Cotton mesh jumper (made of recycled plastic bottles), Lolë
- Cashmere/cotton striped jumper, bought from indie shop in Hamburg
- Merino/cashmere cabled jumper, Woolovers
- Waterproof Mac, Protected Species
- Suede biker jacket, Reiss
- Cotton/linen Oudry heritage jacket, Seasalt Cornall (sold out)
- Boiled wool coatigan, Uniqlo (several years old)
- Silk dress, Jigsaw
- Jersey maxi skirt, The White Company (several years old)
- Jersey midi skirt, Seasalt Cornwall
- Linen A-line skirt, Seasalt Cornwall, several years old
- White boyfriend (Brompton) jeans, The White Company
- Panelled boyfriend jeans, Whistles
- Denim joggers, French Connection
- Denim Brompton shorts, The White Company
- High waisted dress shorts, bought from indie shop in Hamburg
- Linen shorts, Reitmans
- Denim shorts, Fatface
- Silk scarf, Jigsaw
- Madrid mules, Birkenstock (similar)
- Canvas trainers, Superga
- Wedge heels, bought several years ago, Timberland
- Metallic Triple Decker shoes, Keds
- Mini cross-over bag, bought several years ago, Liebeskind Berlin
- Clutch with shoulder strap, from indie shop in Hamburg
- Mini backpack, Handmade Etsy several years ago
- New Wayfarer (matte), Ray-Ban
- Watch, Liebeskind Berlin
So far I’m really liking the colours and textures of these pieces. I’ll be writing another piece at the end of the summer about which items I loved, and which ones didn’t work quite so well. Also look out for a piece on my favourite outfits and combinations, and how I put together looks using Stylebook.
What are your thoughts? Too many items? Too few? Not enough bright colours? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!